Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

It Looked Like Spilt Milk!

In the kindergarten class that I am student teaching in, we have been learning about colors. First of all, I love this time! I love picking out my clothes based on what color the next day will be at school. And the kiddos love it too. So. Much. Fun! :) We did various activities for each color of the day. My favorite activity was just this past week for white day.

First, we read the students the book It Looked Like Spilt Milk. Then, we folded pieces of blue construction paper in half (hamburger way :)). Next, we put a squirt of white paint in between the folded pieces of paper. The kids had to close the folded piece of paper and rub the paint around with their hands. For a lesson inside a lesson, I had the kids practice writing their name as they were spreading out their paint - they loved that! Lastly, we had them open the piece of paper and say what they thought their picture was. They loved this, too!


I think this was my favorite color activity because every kid had a different picture. And they also got to use their imagination when naming what they thought their picture was. Some of the kids have great imaginations and I got to witness that! Nothing better like getting to know your kids a little better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment